2018 AO Fest Cosplay Rules & Regulations:
- All participants must be pre-registered in order to compete in the cosplay contest.
- All participants must participate in the pre-judging session before entering the contest.
- Skits and performances duration can only be 2-3 minutes during judging. Costuming judging is mandatory but performance is optional. If you do not get your costume judged, you will not be eligible for a Craftsmanship award.
- No nudity.
- No profanity will be allowed. That includes messages on signs or costume.
- No political or religious statements during judging or on the catwalk.
- No projectiles will be allowed. Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects will be allowed
- All prop weapons must conform to the Weapons Policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons.
- Do not leave anything on the stage you can’t immediately pick up and take off with you. This includes glitter and confetti. Liquids are not allowed.
- Only enter and exit the catwalk at designated points.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume in the contest.
- Costume must be made at least 75% by hand or by the participant
- All participants must arrive 5 minutes before scheduled pre-judging and sign in
Phase 1: Pre-Judging – Contestants will be seen by a panel of skilled local judges and given a score based on certain criteria.
Phase 2: Stage competition – Contestants that have moved past the prejudging phase can now compete on stage in front of an audience of 2500 people and a celebrity-judging panel for prizes and cash while our professional media team captures all the action.
Categories for sign up-
- Groups- All members of the group has to be accounted for at the pre-registration and sign in before pre-judging. The minimum amount of group members is 2, maximum is 8 members. Each group gets to show off their costume/perform Groups must have a similar relevance to one another (i.e. Sailor Moon/Sailor Scouts, Batman & Robin etc.). After pre-judging if your group is moving on to the next round everyone must walk up to stage together and there you can show off your cosplay to celebrity judges and our professional media team will be taking photos and filming the competition so remember to also have fun!
- Individual- Participant will show off their craftsmanship and performance skill (if you wanted to perform). Each individual will have 2-3 minutes to show off what they have made on stage in a panel of judges if passed the pre-judging.